Teach With Us!
Teacher sets pay based on price of class/materials required or included.
- Teaching in a Group Setting: Minimum 1-3 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Make money while inspiring others!
Are you looking to make some extra money by teaching an art class on your own terms? You set the times, and we’ll provide the space.
We are booking our winter session art school calendar for 2023 (January 9 - March 31) now! Binders has been in Buckhead since 1955, and is well established as a destination for artist’s fine art materials, supplies, and classes.
- College Degree in Art or Design related field
- College Degree is Teaching
- Experience teaching a group
Established background in the technique you are teaching.
To apply: Please send your resume/CV, portfolio, social media links, and class proposal to our owner, Howard at Howard@bindersart.com.
In your proposal, thoroughly address the following:
- Number of classes required to complete a project, length of each class (hours), & preferred day and time for each class. (Example: Thursdays, 3pm-6pm for 4 weeks starting January 19 - February 9) Please include several options so we can accommodate as many classes as possible.
- A description of the class/project you will be teaching.
- Cost of the class *More info for pricing below.
- Minimum and maximum number of participants you are willing to teach (the classroom comfortably accommodates 15 with space for a few more).
- Is this a beginner, intermediate, or advanced level class?
- Materials required for class *Option to have the course materials included in the price. Binders would provide.
- Set up for class (Example: easels set up in a circle around a small stage, tables & chairs in a grid, etc. Binders will set up our classroom for you before each class). Note: Our classroom has a sink and we provide basic consumables like paper towels.
- Any extras above and beyond art materials (Are you bringing in a live model for 2 classes? Is the fee for the model included in the class cost?).
- Would you offer this class multiple times in a single season, repeat the class offering, or teach an additional project during the same season?
- Excellent experience in the technique you are teaching, and ability to articulate the process to a group of participants
- A teaching certificate is not required, but you must demonstrate a background in teaching and art.
- Providing individual assistance to class participants.
- Customer service and excellent people skills.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- COMPENSATION: You are paid at the end of your project session.
The class fee is split 60%-40% with the teacher receiving 60%. You set the price per student. This can be anywhere from $70 per student with 20 students to $320 for 8 students.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: Teacher sets pay.
- Day shift
- Teaching: Minimum 1-3 year (Preferred)
Binders Art Supplies & Frames
3330 Piedmont Rd. NE #18 Atlanta, GA 30305
Are you an art teacher who's proficient in teaching online classes and interested in making a few extra dollars every month?